Re: kern/42314: ipgphy support

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 07:35:49 +0200
Felix Deichmann <m4j0rd0m0%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > I don't remember any bugs or panics (although that doesn't mean much).
> > In my tests the stge(4) driver seemed stable.
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sandpoint/2012/12/08/msg000402.html

Ok, now I remember... :|

> Is this solved by now?

No, I don't think so. I could easily reproduce it with a 6.0 kernel:

 41% |**************                     | 65792 KiB    4.58 MiB/s    00:19 ETAtrap: kernel read DSI trap @ 0xcdc3394a by 0x991d0 (DSISR 0x40000000, err=14), lr 0x99554
panic: trap
dumpsys: TBD

A recent kernel with the new ipgphy, on the other hand, seems to work!
I will test tomorrow if it's the kernel or the PHY.

> Discussion ended with your post (and I fear a
> PR for this issue has never been filed).

No, it wasn't.

--
Frank Wille