Re: RPI usb can get stuck

On 04/09/15 20:40, Iain Hibbert wrote:
On Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Frank Kardel wrote:

Using an USB-Serial adapter I experience ucb lockups in 7.99.9.

Device (from dmesg):
uslsa0 at uhub1 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0
uslsa0: Silicon Labs ELV USB-WDE1 WetterdatenempfM-CM-$nger, rev 1.10/1.00,
addr 4
ucom0 at uslsa0: Silicon Labs CP210x
by chance, I just filed PR 49831 relating to a kernel panic upon closing a
ucom device. I don't know if related as different architecture, different
device :)
I think I have seen a panic also playing around with it long enough, but trouble starts earlier. Your bug seems to be different. My issue seems to be cause by a communication error.
~.> [stuck here]
but it dies in ucomclose() the same .. does your kernel have DIAGNOSTIC
enabled?
Yepp.

my workaround, was to unplug the USB device instead of closing the device,
which seemed to work properly.
Not a real option when you need to travel 600km just for the plug game :-) This application is supposed to run as monitor in a remote area, so reliable USB would be nice.
BTW: The device works flawlessly on a Bananapi.
regards,
iain
Thanks
  Frank