Re: current status of ixg(4)

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 03:38:45PM +0200, 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Mar 2015, Masanobu SAITOH wrote:
>
> >This change have commited now.
> >
> >New patch:
> >
> >	http://www.netbsd.org/~msaitoh/ixg-20150327-0.dif
> >

> I have tested the patch and found no problems.
>
> My server (HP G5) can handle with the new driver package rates up to 200,000
> packets per second. Then CPU0 is running at 100% with interrupts.
>
> If I have not charged me, it comes with 200,000 packets per second and an
> MTU of 1500 bytes to a maximum of 2.4GB.
>
> Is it possible to optimize some parameters for the interrupt throttling?

I think for your workload you may actually want interrupt distribution over
multiple CPUs.  But we have some support for that in -current now, right?

The next thing you're likely to run into is contention for the kernel lock
in ip_input.  But if I recall correctlly how this driver's built, I don't
think you should be seeing that time charged to the interrupt handler, so
I *think* you are not there yet.

Thor