Re: mips "Creator ci20" port

Hello,

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 18:48:32 -0800
bch <brad.harder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Was it an article (that I can't find now) *you* wrote where working w/
> the serial port, you could pass data "by hand", but not w/ a driver,
> currently ?

Had to be the post on blog.netbsd.org, but that problem had been solved
by then.
Turned out the UARTs on this SoC are /almost/ 16550 compatible - the
difference is a bit in the FIFO control register which powers the UART
down if not set, the com driver of course didn't know about it, so as
soon as it took over the port went dead.

have fun
Michael