Re: Debugging kernel memory allocation

> On Nov 21, 2014, at 12:37 PM, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih%hamartun.priv.no@localhost> wrote:
> Rich Neswold <rich.neswold%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>> So, right now, I've only seen the stalls on my two 8-core machines. I
>> haven't been able to stall the 4-core machine.
>
> Maybe you're not loading the 4-core one down enough.

I built the world with '-j', so it was hitting to the system pretty hard. I had 'sysstat' running while it was building everything and at one point the free memory was in the tens of megabytes. Simply doing a make world on the 8-core machine was enough to stall it (although I guess on the 8-core, the '-j' option would run more jobs.)

--
Rich