Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 07:18:40 -0500
From: Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
To: 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost
Cc: Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost>, apb%cequrux.com@localhost,
    current-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: netbsd-7 ipfilter failure?

6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost writes:

I would like to once again ask for the ip filter problem. Is this a
bug or an incorrect operation of me? Does it make sense to report it
as a bug?

I think we more or less concluded that:

 in netbsd-7, ipfilter has one ruleset /etc/ipf.conf

 this one ruleset has rules for both 4 and 6

 docs that talk about -6 and ipf6.conf are perhaps buggy and at best
 for compatibility

I would suggest reading the message from Darren and putting all rules in
ipf.conf (with AF qualifiers) and not having ipf6.conf.  If that doesn't
work, I would suggest posting a specific problem.