Re: Problemns after updating from 6.1.4 to 6.1.5

On Oct 19,  5:32pm, Paul Goyette wrote:
} On Sat, 18 Oct 2014, Fredrik Pettai wrote:
}
} > If you haven't tried them yet, I'd recommend using jmmv's sysbuild &
} > sysupgrade tools
} > (http://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/introducing_sysbuild_and_sysupgrade)
} > for consistent builds & upgrades without much manual interventions...
}
} Looks interesting.  Of course, I'll probably have to tweak them to get
} the kernel installed properly in my DOMU :)
}
} * I have to load the kernel from an external partition using grub, and
}    thus have to edit grub's menu.lst config file!
}
} * The booted kernel is independent of what is in /netbsd, so I currently
}    have to manually gunzip(1) the kernel on the external partition and
}    put the results in /netbsd

     Why would you be using grub when you're keeping the kernel
outside the NetBSD partition.  All you need to do is add:

kernel = "<path to kernel>"

to your domU config.  xentools is fully capable of loading a NetBSD
kernel, including one that is gzipped.  An example from one of my
config files is:

kernel = "/usr/pkg/etc/xen/kernels/netbsd-7-XEN3_DOMU.gz"

This is not something that should be dependent on your dom0 as
xentools is supplied by the Xen project.

}-- End of excerpt from Paul Goyette