Re: Removing openldap?

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 10:33:02AM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost (Thomas Klausner) writes:
>
> >I think there is no particular need to have openldap in the base
> >system; I don't see any particular integration, and it puts more
> >burden of maintenance on us. I think that installing openldap from
> >pkgsrc should be good enough.
>
> openldap is used by postfix, sshd and amd. There is also pam-ldap in
> pkgsrc that we might want to import into base.
>
> All this is only using the client part of openldap.

I would support removing the server parts of openldap but wonder whether
this would actually reduce maintenance burden.

It would reduce attack surface on some systems.

--
 Thor Lancelot Simon	                                      tls%panix.com@localhost
"From the tooth paste you use in the morning to the salt on your evening meal,