Re: a separate build of libc

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 04:04:34PM +0200, u-6hol%aetey.se@localhost wrote:
 > Background:
 >
 >   building an independent/standalone toolchain able to produce binaries
 >   runnable on NetBSD
 >   (note, this is not the same as compiling or cross-compiling "NetBSD")
 >
 > The component:
 >
 >   libc

If what you are trying to do is port NetBSD's libc to a different OS,
please say so, because that has been done before and we can give you a
much better idea what it entails.

If what you are trying to do is reorganize the NetBSD sources so that
libc is a clearly defined component instead of being casually mixed
with the kernel, please say so, because that has been done before and
we can give you a much better idea what it entails.

If you are doing neither of these things, I must say I haven't the
slightest idea what you're trying to accomplish, and it might be
helpful to explain.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost