Re: a separate build of libc

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014, u-6hol%aetey.se@localhost wrote:
My goal is among others to be able to make a corresponding operation given just a running NetBSD kernel and nothing in the "standard paths". My common sense and experience say that the standard tools are not applicable.

I am not sure that you understand the NetBSD build system. It doesn't need a running NetBSD kernel, and it doesn't need much in the standard paths except for very common utilities such as cp, mv, mkdir, echo. If any of these is a problem, then a new HOST_* variable can be added to point to a suitable tool outside the standard paths, as we already do with HOST_SH, HOST_CC, HOST_LD, and many more.

Looking from a different perspective, I am highly unsatisfied with the usual tools meant to manage software, in a much more broad sense than just on NetBSD. Of course I have my own tricks which I like better :)

That seems fine.  I wish you luck.

I would like to understand whether build.sh fails on your system, and if so what can be done to fix it, or whether build.sh works but you simply prefer to do something else instead.

--apb (Alan Barrett)