Re: a separate build of libc

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 03:59:28PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 11:25:36AM +0200, u-6hol%aetey.se@localhost wrote:
> > This is not a duplication but a separate effort with different goals.
>
> But we fail to understand your goals.

Regrettably, this is somewhat hard to explain in a few words.

> All you need to do is:
>
>   - build.sh tools
>   - nbmake includes
>   - cd lib/libc && nbmake obj dependall install

I need also a standard NetBSD installation and several hundred MB sources,
don't I?

My goal is among others to be able to make a corresponding operation
given just a running NetBSD kernel and nothing in the "standard paths".
My common sense and experience say that the standard tools are not applicable.

Looking from a different perspective, I am highly unsatisfied with the
usual tools meant to manage software, in a much more broad sense than
just on NetBSD. Of course I have my own tricks which I like better :)

(This is _not_ to start any flame wars, everyone has his/her favourite
software management system, I am only trying to answer your question.)

Regards,
Rune