Re: Wedges enabled on -current

        Hello.  Could you provide an example of what you expect an /etc/fstab
file entry to look like before and after your suggested edits?
-thanks
-Brian

On Aug 18,  2:28am, Christos Zoulas wrote:
} Subject: Wedges enabled on -current
} Hi,
}
} Now that we have branched 7, I am planning to enable full wedge support for
} kernels that used wedges before. What this means is that disks with mbr and
} bsd labels will now create dkN devices for each partition in found. This
} should be generally transparent, because fstab offers backwards compatibility
} support. I.e. in the general case, your machine should boot and work fine
} without requiring any changes. There are some corner cases:
}
}       - there are not enough dk devices in /dev
}         (you can use MAKEDEV to create more)
}       - scripts that refer directly to "sd" "wd" "raid" etc devices
}         might break.
}       - your userland is from NetBSD-6 and a not recent (as of 6 months
}         ago current).
}       - something that we have not encountered before.
}
} If things don't work for you, please file a PR with a description of your
} setup and how it fails, so we can fix it.
}
} If things work fine for you, you should eventually edit your fstab and
} modify your entries to be of the form NAME=<partition-name> instead of
} hard-coded devices (yes, for the traditional partition schemes these
} are the names of the devices...).
}
} christos