Re: options DIAGNOSTIC

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 09:21:08PM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
 > >I fixed the i386 and amd64 ones already, and I just fixed "internally
 > >consistency checks" as that's ungrammatical.
 >
 > Thanks!
 >
 > >It might be nice if all configs had the same descriptions and comments
 > >for everything, but it isn't very practical to try to keep them all in
 > >sync.
 >
 > Well, true, but having totally contradictory descriptions (expensive vs
 > cheap) is pretty bad!
 >
 > Thanks for fixing.

Yeah, they should all get set back to "cheap". There was a while when
DIAGNOSTIC became expensive, and some but not all of the descriptions
were changed to reflect that, but it was wrong and so they should all
be switched back...

There are still some that say expensive; theoretically we should wait
for people who know about the platforms involved (evbarm, evbmips,
evbppc, evbsh3, ews4800mips, hpcsh, hppa, ia64, iyonix, playstation2,
sgimips) to confirm that DIAGNOSTIC is not in fact expensive on those.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost