Re: Issues with i915drmkms on AMD64

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 07:28:39PM +0100, David Mackay wrote:
> Today I've attempted to try out the new i915drmkms support on NetBSD
> 6.99.47-CURRENT. I've built the DRMKMS kernel conf and installed its
> modules, and attempted to boot.
>
> Unfortunately, despite having all relevant debug options checked, it
> seems that NetBSD kernel simply freezes after displaying the line:
>
> i915drmkms0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 [...]
>
> I've also tried the prebuilt kernel from Nonaka at
> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/nonaka/drmkms/ which did not
> work either, except in its case, the screen was blanked and then
> froze.
>
> On the other hand, gsutre's DRMGEM *does* work fine.
>
> This is on a ThinkPad T410 with an i5-560m CPU and Intel IronLake HD Graphics.

Just for the record, I am successfully using a 20 July DRMKMS kernel on a
desktop amd64 box with a
    Device Name: Ivy Bridge Integrated Graphics Device (0x0162)

The Sandy bridge laptop is fine with an external monitor but doesn't
detect its built-in screen. Neither panic, and glxgears is very happy.

Cheers,

Patrick