Re: Preparation for creating netbsd-7 branch

It looks most your messages are caught by filter on mail.NetBSD.org host.
Could you check you yahoo mailer settings?

skrll@ wrote:

> On 07/21/14 17:25, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > skrll@ wrote:

> >> No I didn't.
> >>
> >> Let me be more explicit
> >>
> >> MACHINE=acorn26        MACHINE_ARCH=arm
> >> MACHINE=acorn32        MACHINE_ARCH=arm
> >> MACHINE=cats            MACHINE_ARCH=earmv4
> >> MACHINE=evbarm          MACHINE_ARCH=earmv[67]hf{,eb}
> >> MACHINE=evbarm          MACHINE_ARCH=earm{,eb}
> >> MACHINE=netwinder       MACHINE_ARCH=earmv4
> >> MACHINE=shark           MACHINE_ARCH=earmv4
> >> MACHINE=zaurus          MACHINE_ARCH=earm
> >>
> >> That is, use earm where possible, no softfloat for v[67].
> >>
> >> This is 8 ABI combinations.
> > - What about epoc32, hpcarm, and iyonix?
>
> I'd guess
>
> MACHINE=epoc32        MACHINE_ARCH=arm
> MACHINE=hpcarm        MACHINE_ARCH=earmv4
> MACHINE=iyonix          MACHINE_ARCH=earm
>
> Maybe the port-masters/users can test?

Unfortunately all these ports are orphaned.

> If not, leave as MACHINE_ARCH=arm

I'd rather suggest to switch to earm only on confirmed ports.

> > - Have you confirmed cats with earmv4?
> >    (especially ELF to a.out conversion for the Cyclone firmware)
>
> I've been running earmv4 on my cats for a long time now.

Ok, it's fine.

> > - Does zaurus really work with earm?
> >    In sys/arch/zaurus/stand it builds Linux binaries
> >    and I don't know if we can build it with earm toolchain.
> >    (I was asked it by joerg and answered it, but no further response)
>
> Don't know - maybe the port-masters/users can test. If not, leave as
> MACHINE_ARCH=arm

It's also orphaned.

I wonder if it's really worth to introduce new ABI
into ancient Tier-II machines.

---
Izumi Tsutsui