Re: ifconfig.if does not seem to run !dhclient $int

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:56:09AM -0400, yancm%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> > Hi, I've got a soekris net6501 happily forwarding packets with
> > netbsd/amd64,
> > however it can't yet start unaided because somehow dhclient is not run
> > when
> > specified in /etc/ifconfig.wm1 as follows:
> >
> > - --8<--
> > up
> > !dhclient $int
> > - --8<--
>
> I have been seeing a similar issue on i386/virtual box --Current for a
> while..
>
> In the dmesg output (I think? or might have just been the console output)
> I can see dhclient fail due to not finding an SO library (forget which one
> right now). That library is there, so I suspect some issue with mounting
> order for /usr. I do have the flag to mount /usr early, but seems to be
> ignored.
>
> Hence, once the system is up, dhclient runs fine...

I'm afraid my system only has one partition, so it can't be the same issue.
I see nothing on the serial console about dhclient. You might want to look into
the rc.conf variable "critical_filesystem_local", though.

Staffan

--
Staffan Thomén - ADB3 455F 10D5 86D1 78D6  048D 11BB D66E 7C7E 2EF8