Re: Recent changes causing atf test failures

Ryota Ozaki <ozaki-r%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

>> Do the tests pass in your environment?  (In my view, changes that aren't
>> obviously minor should be committed only after running tests.)
>
> No. Actually I don't have a machine for ATF.
> So I don't know how to investigate ATF outputs.
> What I have to do is to check these lines?
>
>   build: OK with 395963 lines of log, install: OK, tests: 3913 passed,
> 88 skipped, 55 expected_failure, 27 failed, ATF output: raw, xml, html
>   commit 2014.07.02.07.30.37 ozaki-r src/sys/net/pktqueue.c 1.7
>   build: OK with 397025 lines of log, install: OK, tests: did not complete

You don't need a special machine.  Presumably you did a full build.sh
release, and updated a computer to it (kernel and userland) in order to
verify that things work.  (If not, you should :-).  Then, see tests(7),
but basically log in as root (single user with disks mounted is better)
and (from tests(7)):

          $ cd /usr/tests
          $ atf-run | tee ~/tests.log | atf-report

You can then look through the file to see what's happening.