Re: NetBSD-HEAD amd64 refuses to build

> > > Just to ask the obvious: did you try without the -c, and if so, what
> > > happened?

> > Sure I tried without -c, went into the debugger prompt.

> At point in the boot process did you end up in the debugger? (What was
> on the screen?) Did a backtrace "bt" give any clues?

> Cheers,

> Patrick

Basically, I'm lost with the debugger, and the best I can do is type "reboot".

Is there any documentation?

But I don't think the debugger could really help me.

I remember in the boot process getting past athn0, so that was detected
apparently satisfactorily.

I have packages built for amd64 but nothing that survives for NetBSD-current
i386, and I don't want to restart from scratch building packages for amd64.

I remember building modular-xorg from pkgsrc, but startx failed on inability to
find display.  This also happens with OpenBSD 5.4 Live USB from
liveusb-openbsd.sourceforge.net
which was supposed to have been already configured and ready to go.

There needs to be a way to single-step through the boot process; otherwise,
boot messages whiz past too fast to be readable, and I still don't know any way
to capture these messages to a file when boot falls short.

Tom