Re: NetBSD-HEAD amd64 refuses to build

> On Fri 13 Dec 2013 at 09:55:54 +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > Since -current had some "hard times" in the last few weeks, and maybe
> > not everyone is aware of this site:
>
> >   http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/builds.cgi
>
> > shows the status of the last autobuilds. We already had one working
> > -current (HEAD) build this week, yay!

> Note I'm not the original poster of this thread but I did report a
> ~similar problem.

> I just looked at the amd64 build, at
> http://releng.netbsd.org/builds/HEAD/201312072350Z/amd64.build, and the
> string "libunwind" doesn't occur in the whole output.

> The thing I was trying to do differently than before was to build (but
> not use) llvm. I thought I would not change too many things at once.
> But perhaps just building llvm triggers the building of libunwind, which
> for whatever reason[1] does not work if it is built with gcc.

> [1] such as incorrect compiler flags

> Next thing I'll try is adding -V HAVE_LLVM=yes -V MKLIBCXX=yes and see
> if it works for me then.

-Olaf.
--
> ___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
> \X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'

I could try these suggestions, or I could try using pkgsrc clang: same
versions, I believe.

I will also be busy with FreeBSD amd64 and i386 on two branches: 11-HEAD and
10-STABLE (now at RC1).

It helps that my Hiro H50191 USB wireless adapter, Realtek RTL8191SU chipset,
now works in FreeBSD as device rsu, not yet in NetBSD.

I want to see how OpenBSD 5.4 live USB (liveusb.sourceforge.net) works for
comparison purposes even if it can't access my hard drive.

Now I just did: it was a flop, no access to hard drive, couldn't even start X.
Maybe I'll put NetBSD-current i386 back on this USB stick if it builds.

And I also hope to get to a Linux setup (cross-compile?).

I built sysbuild and sysupgrade from pkgsrc on NetBSD 5 and 6, STABLE branches,
but never used sysbuild or sysupgrade.

Tom