Re: Choosing ordering of pseudo-interface config

=> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 01:49:50PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
=>> [...]
=>> It turns out there's a simple mod hat can me made to rc.d/network
=>> that allows people to configure the order, which is ...
=>>
=>> [...]
=>>
=>> That just runs rcorder on the /etc/ifconfig.* files for all the
=>> cloning interfaces.   To that just add
=>>
=>>     # PROVIDE: vlan0
=>> and
=>>     # REQUIRE: vlan0
=>>
=>> in appropriate places in the ifconfig.vlan0 and ifconfig.bridge1 (in my
=>> case) files, and the order then becomes something that will work for me.
=>
=> I like the idea ! I have the same issue on various systems, which I
=> solve using auto_ifconfig=NO and net_interfaces="...".

   I like the idea, too. It would be a useful shortcut to have each file
PROVIDE its basename implicitly. I guess that would require a new
option to rcorder(8), but I wouldn't think it would be a lot of work to
implement. I'll take a crack at it myself if there is interest.

                                       Gary Duzan