Re: Two issues during upgrade from 6.99.23 to 6.99.24

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013, Nick Hudson wrote:

crash(8) will probably do a better job of getting a full backtrace.

Yes, it does do a much better job.  Here's the backtrace:

crash> bt
_KERNEL_OPT_DDB_COMMANDONENTER() at 0
_KERNEL_OPT_DDB_COMMANDONENTER() at 0
vpanic() at vpanic+0x13f
printf_nolog() at printf_nolog
startlwp() at startlwp
calltrap() at calltrap+0x11
nfs_commitsize() at nfs_commitsize+0x76294
config_attach_loc() at config_attach_loc+0x1bb
cpu_rescan() at cpu_rescan+0xbd
config_cfdata_attach() at config_cfdata_attach+0xb9
config_init_component() at config_init_component+0x75
module_do_load() at module_do_load+0x7c2
module_load() at module_load+0x5c
sys_modctl() at sys_modctl+0x43f
syscall() at syscall+0x9a
--- syscall (number 246) ---
7f7ff703b60a:

A quick check with gdb shows that module_do_load+0x7c2 is a call to some module's modcmd_xxx(MODULE_CMD_INIT, ...) (line 1089 in kern_module.c) but I can't seem to figure out which module it would be calling here.

I had expected in to be the nfsserver module, but I am pretty sure that nfsserver would not be calling any auto-config routines. :)

(It might one of the several driver modules that I manually load from my rc.local, but I didn't think that the boot had gotten that far ...)

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |