Re: Creating /dev/dk* nodes so as to be persistent

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013, Thomas Mueller wrote:
How do I create /dev/dk0, /dev/dk1 ... so as to be persistent?

I need more than the 15 or 16 that I get.

I can cd /dev and
./MAKEDEV dk16 dk17 dk18 dk19
or more, but these don't show after the next reboot.

Sounds like you are accidentally using /dev on tmpfs. At boot time, if /dev/console is not found, init will create a tmpfs for /dev and run MAKEDEV for you. Was this a manual install and you missed running MAKEDEV after extracting the sets?

--
Stephen