Re: NetBSD on qemu-ppc

On 8/3/13 12:05 PM, Felix Deichmann wrote:
Hi,

I finally managed to get past OpenBIOS and start booting a
NetBSD/macppc (6.1) INSTALL kernel on qemu-ppc (1.5.0 and 1.5.1) by
using a custom ISO image with ofwboot.xcf loader. A regular NetBSD
installation ISO cannot be booted.
The kernel unfortunately hangs/slows down to a crawl before reaching
sysinst, depending on the chosen qemu machine at different stages:
[...]

Did anyone got farer than that? According to
http://www.netbsd.org/ports/emulators.html, qemu-ppc was "untested"
until now. I can provide the custom ISO image (and/or instructions how
to create) if required.
Would be great to run NetBSD on qemu-ppc, too. Have the impression
that not much is missing...

I haven't tried in a while, and never actually got it working, but I recall getting slightly further using NetBSD/ofppc instead of macppc last time I tried.

If you get it working, by all means let us know!

+j