Re: cgd on dk on 4k block size disk

tk%giga.or.at@localhost (Thomas Klausner) writes:

>I then wanted to add a cgd file system on the first partition.
>Note that this says 512 bytes/sector.

That's the "virtual" disk geometry presented by cgd. 512 is also
the block sized used for encryption.

>I didn't manage to get a usable disklabel on this cgd device yet. Is
>this currently possible?

No. The underlying disk only accepts 4k aligned I/O (i.e. its physical
blocks). cgd needs to adopt the underlying disks block size, it should
already handle splitting the crypto operations to 512 byte units.