Re: 6.1_RC3 panic on shutdown: AcpiPsParseLoop ()

Chuck Silvers wrote:
On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 10:13:59AM +0200, rudolf wrote:
http://software.eq.cz/acpi_ps_parse_loop.jpg

it might be helpful to see what the ACPI error messages are.

I snapped this under the 6.1_RC3:
http://software.eq.cz/acpi_error_messages.jpg

can you boot a 6.0 kernel and see if the error messages also show up with
that version?  if they do then that would rule out any of my recent changes.

Unfortunately, out of two tries with 6.0 and two with 6.0.1, none exhibited any signs of problems. I made three attempts with the 6.1_RC3 and two of them were also clean, one was with the error messages, no panic. I'll make some more attempts tomorrow unless the error messages make the problem clear.

Thanks,

r.