Re: 6.1_RC3 panic on shutdown: AcpiPsParseLoop ()

On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 10:13:59AM +0200, rudolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hit the following panic yesterday, when I was shutting down
> (shutdown -p now) my laptop:
> http://software.eq.cz/acpi_ps_parse_loop.jpg
>
> The system is NetBSD/amd64 6.1_RC3. I can't reproduce the panic now.
> I am tracking the netbsd-6 branch approximately since 6.0 release
> and I don't remember ever seeing this panic, but I saw some
> ACPI-related error messages or warnings on shutdowns using previous
> builds.

did you happen to get a crash dump from this panic?

it might be helpful to see what the ACPI error messages are.
if they only happen during powerdown and you can't manage to snap a picture
at the right moment, then if your camera can also record videos then you
could try getting the information in movie format instead of picture format.

can you boot a 6.0 kernel and see if the error messages also show up with
that version?  if they do then that would rule out any of my recent changes.

-Chuck