Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 03:37:53PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> It's useful to have a DHCP server that cross-builds without any fuss to
> install on embedded NetBSD targets.  It's also useful to have a DHCP
> server for bootstrapping embedded development targets (e.g., PXE boot).
> So I think that the DHCP server should stay.

"me too"

(It may sound contrived, but in these days of no serial ports on
laptops, but serial ports on switches, I have ended up getting a
switch to get its lease from a netbsd laptop with its built-in dhcpd,
in order to set it up, in order to connect to the outside world -
presumably in the future in order to grab the dhcpd tar file for
pkgsrc in order to do step one)

Cheers,

Patrick