Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 05:10:25AM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> writes:
>
> > On 20/03/2013 19:24, Hauke Fath wrote:
> >> I still like dhclient better than dhcpcd - the former for 90% of my
> >> applocations "just works", while whenever I tried the latter,
> >> considerable amounts of reading were necessary, and most of
> >> the time I
> >> found that its ideosyncracies were not worth the pain. But the time
> >> until netbsd-7 may as well be used for smoothing the rougher corners.
> >
> > Can you state what your problems with dhcpcd are? I like to
> > provide a smooth and polished product :)
>
> ls /usr/share/examples
>
> There're no recipes for people tight on time for setting it up to:
>  - reject setting zeroconf address;
>  - prepend/append DNS servers to the list (e.g. prepending/appending local
> resolver);
>  - force local hostname;
>  - send local hostname;
>  - request particular attributes;
>  - reject particular attributes.
>
> Just like in many other cases, it would be more useful
> if the most frequent use cases would be covered with examples.

Let's see. There is one config file, which contains a line for sending
the local hostname already. The corresponding man page trivially covers
(1) and (3) [by disabling the option] and of course, (5) and (6).
So the only thing that is arguably non-trivial is (2).

Given that dhcpcd uses resolvconf, resolvconf.conf(5) applies for (2).
Might be nice to add an explicit .Xr for that, but that's a separate
question.

Joerg