Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:38:29AM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

> 3) Update ISC DHCP as per item 2, but don't build/install dhclient
> by default.  Why do we need two DHCP clients in base?

To me this seems like the only reasonable option.  Even if most of
your server installs don't actually use dhcpd, many NetBSD users do,
and punting to pkgsrc is simply not an option because pkgsrc cannot
be cross-compiled.  The base system should include a reasonable set
of server code for most common NetBSD use cases where that is possible
without introducing immense bloat.  Yanking server programs that have
more than a very small number of users is not really well aligned with
that goal.

--
 Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%panix.com@localhost