Re: evbppc and alpha build breakage, but not in releng autobuild

Taylor R Campbell <campbell+netbsd-current-users%mumble.net@localhost> writes:

>    I would guess that you have some optimization flags different, perhaps
>    adding -g?  I have seen this before, and the problem was I think wrong
>    constraints, or a compiler bug, but with -O2 it worked anyway, or
>    something like that.
>
> Good thinking -- I set MKDEBUG=yes in my mk.conf.  Maybe the releng
> autobuilds should do this too?  I don't know how tight we are on space
> for them, but at least the added weight of MKDEBUG=yes has been
> relegated to a separate debug.tgz set now.

Maybe, but then the bugs that show up only without MKDEBUG won't happen.
Really there need to be builds of the power set of options, but of
course that's infeasible.  It seems the autobuilds catch 98% of the bugs
that break any remotely common builds already, so there's not much gain
in spiffing that up.  If anything, I'd like to see builds with
DIAGNOSTIC and LOCKDEBUG run through atf.