Re: pkg_add dumping core

On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 16:59:00 -0500
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
> This is weird.  I decided to rebuild everything on my site and it is
> going pretty good except for two packages plus the ones depending on
> them.  One is graphics/gd and the other multimedia/libdvdread.  Both
> of those packages dump core when running pkg_add.  The weird thing is
> that it happens when I run pkg_add manually whether I
> use /usr/sbin/pkg_add or /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_add.  Anyone else seeing
> this?  I just rebuilt my entire environment from current as of the
> last few days.

Thanks to David Holland for info on this issue.  It seems that this can
happen if the pkgsrc db directory exists but is empty or corrupt.  I
fixed this by running "pkg_admin rebuild"  and all the packages ran
again.  Posting answer here for future searches.

I did happen to notice while doing this that xulrunner has a PLIST
error. I will check it tomorrow and fix that up.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost