Re: fsck leaving / hosed (evbppc)??

Hi Greg,

I am seeing fsck failures, but not exactly as yours. I was able to
mount the file-system
even after fsck failures.

I am using NetBSD5, and find that after unclean shutdown, fsck_msdos
-y fails for
a FAT file-system with two different error messages at different times as below:

Error 1)
/dev/ld0h: Cluster 368810 is marked free in FAT 0, but continues with cluster 36
8811 in FAT 1
This message goes on and on.

Error 2)
/dev/wd0e: Lost cluster chain at cluster 432395
13154 Cluster(s) lost
FIXED
/dev/wd0e: No LOST.DIR directory
/dev/wd0e: 165 files, 1429224 free (357306 clusters)

Could someone explain why fsck is not able to fix these errors?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajasekhar