Weird sysinst behavior - port amd64

While trying to check out something else, I was installing 6.99.6 in a qemu VM. While sysinst was unpacking comp.tgz, I encountered the following error several times:

 91% |*******************************    |   275 MiB    4.01 MiB/s   00:06 ETA/
targetroot: directory block of inode 0xd3eb extends across I/O block boundary,
which shouldn't happen!
 92% |********************************   |   277 MiB    3.82 MiB/s   00:05 ETA/
targetroot: directory block of inode 0xd3eb extends across I/O block boundary,
which shouldn't happen!

The resulting file system appears to be OK

# fsck -fn /dev/wd0a
** /dev/rwd0a (NO WRITE)
** File system is journaled; replaying journal
** Last Mounted on /
** Root file system
** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
** Phase 2 - Check Pathnames
** Phase 3 - Check Connectivity
** Phase 4 - Check Reference Counts
** Phase 5 - Check Cyl groups
17693 files, 547364 used, 315099 free (507 frags, 39324 blocks, 0.1%
fragmentation)
#

Any clues?

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |