Re: emacs -nw hangs

On 8 May 2012 21:57, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 6.99.6/amd64, emacs-23.4.1, when started in a text window, stops
> accepting all key presses in that terminal window. It can't even be
> backgrounded with CTRL-Z. When it has its own X window, it works fine.
>
> Anyone else seeing this? Just type "emacs -nw" and try pressing any
> key. I can reproduce it locally and when logging in via ssh. The
> keyboard still works e.g. ALT-TAB or window manager special keys, just
> inside the emacs window there's no reaction to any key.

I've got 6.99.6 amd64 and emacs version, everything works as expected:
root@support6 ~ # uname -a
NetBSD support6 6.99.6 NetBSD 6.99.6 (XEN3_DOMU) #0: Thu May  3
00:10:48 BST 2012
root@uksup2:/usr/pkgsrc/OBJ/usr-current/amd64/sys/arch/amd64/compile/XEN3_DOMU
amd64
root@support6 ~ # emacs --version
GNU Emacs 23.4.1
GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of Emacs
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

> I don't know when I last tried this on this machine, but probably at
> most a few weeks ago, so it must have broken recently. Any ideas what
> could have caused this?
>  Thomas

I'll try it in a moment with today's kernel.

Chavdar Ivanov
--
----