PR 45833 (mplayer related crash) : An observation

I would like to add the following observation in the context of this PR:

Although the screen appears frozen, the system might be falling to ddb
prompt, which is not visible as the screen is frozen.

I just typed reboot on frozen screen and the system rebooted, indicating
it was on ddb prompt.

Curious: Has anyone with pkgsrc-x11 (aka modular) faced this issue or is
it seen only on native x11?

I am using native where I can very reliably reproduce the issue.

Mayuresh