Re: Sysinst default root login shell

David Holland <dholland-current%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:41:24PM -0700, Wraukon the Excellent wrote:
>  > > I still don't understand why anyone wants to specifically run bash.
>  >
>  > [a bunch of reasons to use zsh, resulting in a choice of bash]
>
> My question stands.

Because that's the name users have heard. That's quite simple.
It is just like apple being "the" fruit. Bash is popular; they know it.
When facing broken shell, they revert to the only sane alternative they
know of, which is bash. If they were offered zsh rather than csh by
default, I don't think that the problem have ever arised.

I hope I don't need to explain that there're many IT professionals
who are not interested in learning all quirks of shell programming,
especially such weird beasts like csh.

--
HE CE3OH...