Re: NetBSD RAIDFrame issue (kind of off-topic).

        hello dave.  I agree with  Greg with the following additional
questions/observations.

1.  You don't say, but I assume you re disklabled/partitioned/gpt'd the
disk before trying to reconstruct the raid to it?

2.  Is the new drive really identical, or is it a similarly sized drive?
I've seendrives that purport to be the same size but have different
absolute sector counts, differing by as much as a few hundred sectors.
If the new drive's raid partition, however you've defined it, is smaller
than the original raid partition, even as little as one sector, that would
cause the behavior you describe.

3.  Is it possible you're running into some protected sectors or something
like that on the new drive?  Was the drive previously used elsewhere?

-thanks
-Brian