Re: unreadable XML proplists from drvctl(8)

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012, David Young wrote:
Why do we have a command that outputs XML proplists, without the
option of a human readable alternative?  When XML proplists were
introduced some years ago, we were promised that they would not be
exposed in user interfaces.  This seems to violate that promise.

Is JSON a human-readable alternative?

Neatly indented JSON would be much better than an XML plist. A very long line of unindented JSON, or several lines of poorly-indented JSON, is hardly better than XML.

I agree with David Holland that a table, or something similar to the output from sysctl(8), would be best.

--apb (Alan Barrett)