unreadable XML proplists from drvctl(8)

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012, Paul Goyette wrote:
I had included a sample of the new output from 'drvctl -p' (show propery dictionary) which includes the new information. Here it is again:

# drvctl -p atabus0
Properties for device `atabus0':
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 [snip unreadable XML]

Why do we have a command that outputs XML proplists, without the option of a human readable alternative? When XML proplists were introduced some years ago, we were promised that they would not be exposed in user interfaces. This seems to violate that promise.

--apb (Alan Barrett)