Re: another data point (was Re: acpi_vbios_reset hangs while vbetool works (Was: sporadic failure to wakeup from S3))

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 01:06:39PM -0400, Marko Schütz Schmuck wrote:
> even though I have disabled every device that I don't have/use on this
> machine, it still failed to resume after a couple of tries.
>
> Now trying a kernel with azalia instead of hdaudio. Before these
> failures I was using azalia, so ...

There are many things that can go wrong with suspend & resume. Disabling
devices just rules out a hypothesis about pmf(9)/driver -specific issues.
I doubt that is the case here.

But somewhere someone has broken something :-(.

- Jukka.