Re: another data point (was Re: acpi_vbios_reset hangs while vbetool works (Was: sporadic failure to wakeup from S3))

At Fri, 09 Sep 2011 07:32:11 -0400,
Marko Schütz Schmuck wrote:

> At Fri, 9 Sep 2011 07:09:44 +0300,
> Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 09:21:45PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> > > It could be a race condition somewhere, which are almost always a huge
> > > quantity of fun (FSVO fun).
> >
> > Indeed. Suspend/resume issues are often extremely difficult to debug. If it
> > is related to a driver, try to disable as many devices as is possible and
> > try to reproduce.
>
> I will try that.

I have now disabled many devices and am hoping that that solves the
issue.

> Wildly guessing that it might be some timing issue, I had added
> another sleep into /etc/powerd/scripts/sleep_button. I'm now waiting
> for the suspend failure to repeat...

The extra sleep did not prevent the resume failure.

Best regards,

Marko