Re: Help with cnmagic

On 2011-09-08 17.34, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Eduardo Horvath wrote:

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Paul Goyette wrote:

Looking at my system, I find

        {106} sysctl hw.cnmagic
        hw.cnmagic = \x27\x02
        {107}

 From the description in cnmagic(9) this would appear to mean that I need
to type a Nul character to enter the debugger.  I'm not at all sure how I
would type a Nul on my USB keyboard.

This is not the Nul character, it's been escaped.  You need to type a key
with the value "0x02", whatever that maps to, assuming the console driver
is wired into the cnmagic logic.

Sorry, looking more closely, it is the Nul character.

This means it has probably not been initialized.  Since drivers that use
this are responsible to initialize the magic sequence to sane values, it's
likely that the console device is not using the cn_magic code.

Ok. I don't get it. How would that be the NUL character? To my naive eyes, it looks like single quote, followed by a ^B would be what cnmagic says...
I must be missing something...

        Johnny