Re: USB3?

I am now on a new Intel Sandy Bridge system, have a Western Digital 3 TB My
Book Essential USB 3.0 hard drive, and NetBSD can't see it at all.

FreeBSD 9.0 (BETA-1) and the newer releases of the System Rescue CD
(http://sysresccd.org/), booting the default Linux 64-bit kernel, can read and
write this disk.

NetBSD can read and write most USB sticks including most Kingston Data
Travelers, but there is one lot of Kingston Data Traveler that gives generic
HBA error in NetBSD, 32-bit or 64-bit, version 4.0.1, 5.1_STABLE, and HEAD: a
model, Data Traveler 112, now discontinued, made specifically for sale through
Office Depot.

I bought four of these, 2 GB, on sale, and they work with FreeBSD, Linux, even
FreeDOS (to a limited extent) and OpenIndiana.  Strange!

I guess it would be rather difficult for NetBSD people to fix this bug, since
the model in question is discontinued.

However, FreeDOS and OpenIndiana can't read any part of my hard drive (internal
or external, both Western Digital 3 TB), seem completely helpless with anything
> 2 TB or with GPT partitioning scheme.

Tom