amd64 boot broken (was: Re: sys_select() issue? (Was:Re: Sysinst behavior change? (amd64) ))

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 04:33:25PM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
 > anita/py_expect still seems to be hanging or timing-out rather than
 > detecting the system "halted by root" message, preventing any
 > successful tests runs.

Ok, I'm now seeing this behavior from "anita test". However, I'm not
convinced the problem is that it's failing to notice the halt message.

In particular, when I try to run qemu directly on the disk image left
behind, which is the same thing that "anita test" will be doing after
that halt, it doesn't work; qemu goes into an infinite loop and just
sits there until killed.

Running qemu without -nographic, however, makes it much clearer what's
going on: it gets as far as "NetBSD/x86 ffsv2 Primary Bootstrap" and
then the virtual machine resets.

(Should it be using ffsv2? That seems a trifle odd.)

This is on amd64 with an up-to-the-minute tree. So I guess someone
broke the bootloader.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost