Re: XEN3_DOM0 5.99.55 on grinds to a halt shortly after boot (repeatedly)

On 30.07.2011 01:42, Johan Ihrén wrote:
>> At ddb(4) prompt, try "show event". You may also try "show event" first,
>> then "continue", then break again in ddb and show event again.
>
> All counters are in the tens or hundreds except for two:
>
> event type 1: vcpu0 ioapic0 pin 20 = 708325251
> event type 1: vcpu0 clock = 814442
>
> I suspect that at least the first one qualifies as "ridiculously high" ;-)

Yep, the pin 20 is way too high.

> I'm not entirely sure what to look for here, but looking for ioapic
> "pins" I notice that a few pins (16-19) attach to various PCI devices.
> "Pin 20" is not one of them.
>
> However, pin 20 is mentioned later on:
> pciide0: using ioapic0 pin 20, event channel 7 for native-PCI interrupt
> pciide1: using ioapic0 pin 20, event channel 7 for native-PCI interrupt

I suppose that you have a harddrive connected to pciide0 (somewhere in
dmesg you probably have an "atabus0 at pciide0").

H67 is likely to have an AHCI mode -- could you try that one out,
please? It's generally configured in BIOS.

> PS. When booting GENERIC to compare then I find this in dmesg:
>
> pciide0: using ioapic0 pin 20 for native-PCI interrupt
> pciide1: using ioapic0 pin 20 for native-PCI interrupt
>
> I.e. the "event channel 7" part is unique for the XEN3_DOM0 kernel.

Yes; Xen virtualizes interrupts, and event channel are their
counterpart. Channels are not specific to virtual devices, but also real
ones.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost