Re: libusb and kith....

In Message
<Pine.NEB.4.64.1107281152320.536%ugly.internal.precedence.co.uk@localhost>,
   Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost>wrote:

=>On Thu, 28 Jul 2011, Martin Husemann wrote:
=>>> I think one change is the ability to detach a driver and to reattach ugen.
=>>> So, for instance, detach uaudio and attach ugen. This sort of thing is
=>>> pre-requisite for USB over IP products which I'd love NetBSD to support.
=>>
=>> Is another option to have the ugen ioctls work on uaudio (or everything usb
=>> actually) instead? Detach is easy, but re-attaching ugen is not quite.
=>
=>Fallthrough ioctls? Possibly, but most software seems to be hardwired to
=>enumerate ugen device nodes when looking for something to attach to.

   So maybe something like a umux (roughly analogous to wsmux), to
which both a ugen and a more specific driver attach? Though presumably
you would want to lock out use of the alternative devices if another
one is in use, which could complicate things.

                                        Gary Duzan