Re: raidframe performance question

 I'm trying something a little complicated.

I've built a 2Gig raid0 array to boot from. I'm using all four disks as raid elements (two live, two as spares). This way, as long as one of the two original raid drives is available, I'll be able to boot. I used the "minimal" install from sysinstall to put the files onto the raid0 array, so /netbsd, /boot.cfg/, /stand, /etc and /dev all get installed.

After that, I set the rest of the disks up in a raid5 config. This is the actual filesystem. After I get it all rebuilt, I'm going to copy my old data and /home directories onto the new raid array and see what happens.

I'm trying to do all of this from the boot CD, and I'm documenting the steps as I go. If I get this working, I'll let you know.

Dave