Re: external/bsd/bind make expecting libs in source tree?

On Sep 30, 11:11am, Hauke Fath wrote:
}
} I tried to build external/bsd/bind with debug options, to look into dig
} and nsupdate busy-looping on sparc. I got
}
} % pwd
} /u1/netbsd-developer/src/external/bsd/bind
} % env NAMED_DEBUG=1 USETOOLS=no make dependall
}
} [...]
}
} #     build  libbind9/libbind9.a
} rm -f libbind9.a
} ar crs libbind9.a `NM=nm lorder check.o getaddresses.o version.o | tsort -q`
} #     build  libbind9/libbind9_p.a
} rm -f libbind9_p.a
} ar crs libbind9_p.a `NM=nm lorder check.po getaddresses.po version.po |
} tsort -q`
} #     build  libbind9/libbind9_pic.a
} rm -f libbind9_pic.a
} ar crs libbind9_pic.a `NM=nm lorder check.pico getaddresses.pico
} version.pico | tsort -q`
} make: don't know how to make
} /u1/netbsd-developer/src/lib/libpthread/libpthread.so. Stop
}
} make: stopped in /u1/netbsd-developer/src/external/bsd/bind/lib/libbind9
} *** Error code 2
}
} -- why does a non-build.sh "make all" expect other build products (here:
} libpthread.so) in the tree, instead of looking into /usr/lib? ISTR this
} used to just work. Or, which variable incantation did I miss?

     Looking for other libraries in the source tree has been the case
for as long as I can remember.  I just build the other libraries and
then not worry about it.

}-- End of excerpt from Hauke Fath