Re: Auto-configuration question

On Sun, 8 May 2011, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:

-       {104} dmesg | grep '^atabus'
-       atabus8 at ahcisata1 channel 0
-       atabus9 at ahcisata1 channel 1
-       atabus10 at jmide0 channel 1
-       atabus0 at ahcisata0 channel 0
-       atabus1 at ahcisata0 channel 1
-       atabus2 at ahcisata0 channel 2
-       atabus3 at ahcisata0 channel 3
-       atabus4 at ahcisata0 channel 4
-       atabus5 at ahcisata0 channel 5
-       atabus at ixpide0 channel 0 not configured
-       atabus at ixpide0 channel 1 not configured
-       {105}

Ah, isn't atabus8/9 assigned to an ahcisata? controller in the
dmesg above?

I suspect the kernel will have a very hard time
assigning atabus8/9 to ixpide?'s since it's already assigned to
ahcistat.

Or am I seriously mis-understanding something?

No, you understood correctly - I screwed up.

Thanks for the good eyes.  I'll go crawl back under my rock now.

:)

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |