Re: Auto-configuration question

I actually do have explicit configuration for all of the intervening devices, although atabus6 and atabus7 are attached to a device (viaide3) that does not exist on this machine.

From the original machine, I have

        (screamer, an ASUS KGPE-D16)

        {104} dmesg | grep '^atabus'
        atabus8 at ahcisata1 channel 0
        atabus9 at ahcisata1 channel 1
        atabus10 at jmide0 channel 1
        atabus0 at ahcisata0 channel 0
        atabus1 at ahcisata0 channel 1
        atabus2 at ahcisata0 channel 2
        atabus3 at ahcisata0 channel 3
        atabus4 at ahcisata0 channel 4
        atabus5 at ahcisata0 channel 5
        atabus at ixpide0 channel 0 not configured
        atabus at ixpide0 channel 1 not configured
        {105}

Note that it does successfully configure atabus 8, 9, and 10.

And the exact same config works on another machine which also has the same [67] gap, while 8 and 9 attach successfully to ixpide0!

        (lightning, an ASUS M4A88T-M)

        {103} dmesg | grep '^atabus'
        atabus0 at ahcisata0 channel 0
        atabus1 at ahcisata0 channel 1
        atabus2 at ahcisata0 channel 2
        atabus3 at ahcisata0 channel 3
        atabus4 at ahcisata0 channel 4
        atabus5 at ahcisata0 channel 5
        atabus8 at ixpide0 channel 0
        atabus9 at ixpide0 channel 1
        {104}

I'll be happy to share the config file and both dmesg's, but they're too big to attach.